Did you ever dream about growing your own food like the farmers did, only without all that extra work? You probably have heard the term hydroponics before, and even if you haven’t, I’d like to talk to you about a technique that is similar to hydroponics called aquaponics.
Enter Aquaponics 4 Idiots- ohh, yes!
A4I is an organic gardening system that claims to be able to help you grow a lot more and healthier plants in less time than it took before going through this guide. With it, you’ll learn how you can manage your gardening time to only about 1 hour a day while still getting the results that the author of this guide promises.
What is this system all about?
This system was developed by trial and errors method with full scientific consideration in the University of Virgin Islands, USA. The e-guide described how to build complete organic aquaponics system in detailed in outdoors or indoors – you can set it up anywhere around the house in your backyard or garage. As it is a scientific multi-system to grow your organic foods and fish simultaneously, that’s why your need proper guide line to build and run the system in skill hands. Otherwise I believe you would not get desire result and the system would not survive too.
This guide by Sam Adams (who is a COF and Aquaponics expert) will give you step-by-step instruction with diagrams and videos to build own aquaponic gardening systems with limited knowledge. Also advised how to avoid the common mistakes people make.
Full video instructions included!
The step by step video instructions with Aquaponics 4 You comes with you exactly how to go about going from square 1 to the finishing touch with building your aquaponic system at home. This system does not only produce fresh vegetables, but also fish. So you can decide whether you want to keep it all to yourself, or earn a fine sum by selling what you’ve produced. Because this is a water based system, you’ll save a lot of money on electricity and hassles on complicated electric solutions. Another pro with this system is that you don’t have to work with soil. It’s also great if you have back problems because you won’t have to bend down a lot, if at all.
You can watch the quick overview video of the entire system below.
How does it work?
Aquaponics is a combination of hydroponics and aqua-culture. Hydroponics is what you do when you grow plants purely in water with no soil and aqua-culture is the process of growing fish in a tank. The aquaponics system actually combines the two technologies by growing fish and plants together in the same system.
The fish live in one 380 litre tank, the plants are grown on the top of another 190 liter water tank and a pump circulates water in between the two tanks. This system creates a symbiotic environment whereby the plants are fed by the algae, minerals and nitrates that are released indirectly as ammonia in fish excrement. Therefore the water is cleaned and filtered for the fish by the plants consuming their “fertilizer”. It is a built in filtration and feeding system. The pump takes care of the exchange of water.
What does the system set up look like?
The plants are floating on buoyant mats on top of the grow tank with their roots dipping into the water. Minerals are added to the environment to help nourish the fish which are also fed a high protein diet to keep the nitrate level high in the system. The materials and equipment you need are things you can find around your house or at the hardware store. There are illustrations in the book you get that demonstrate to you how to set the system up. Your system must be sturdy enough to hold a half ton of water.
The system can be set up indoors or outdoors. Outdoors you can set up a really large system but you will have to depend on constant or moderate temperatures. The advantage of setting your system up indoors is that you don’t have to worry about the seasonal temperature changes but you will need artificial grow lights.
Advantages of Aquaponics4Idiots guide:
- E-Guide provide step by step instructions with videos to build a complete aquaponics garden.
- System produces plants and fish both simultaneously. So, you will get fibers, minerals and protein from the single system.
- Anyone can use this technique even don’t have knowledge regarding gardening.
- Guide helps to minimize primary cost to build aquaponics system,
- System involved less time and money as it is easy to handle.
- Another great advantage of the hydroponic farming is that it offers you financial independence and control over your money. You know exactly how much you need to spend on your food and you will no longer depend on the market for your veggies’ supplies.
Disadvantages: I found some negative points in the system which I mentioned below:
- There are some restrictions in different country to chose fishes for the system. That is one of the problem of this system. As for example USA and Canada have some restrictions. So before select fish you need to contact with the local department of agriculture.
- Though the author describe that system can grow ten times more plant than traditional gardening pyramid mode. But I think it is not so easy to manage it.
- The system depends on the local environment. So in temperate countries like Nordic or northern part of Canada and Russia have to use heater to warmth the system. In opposite, in the tropical countries you have to use cooler in the greenhouse. Those increase the cost of the aquaponics system.
Benefits of the Aquaponics 4 Idiots Guide
Aquaponics4Idiots comes jam-packed with all the step-by-step instructions, secrets and common mistakes to avoid. Just moments from now you will be on your way to up to ten times the plants, growing amazing organic produce faster, healthier, without weeding or messing around with soil fertilizers ever again. The step-by-step video instruction is really great bonus to have
You may find that it takes less room than you would think to have a system like this and the benefits of fresh fish and produce just might leave you a little more independent from grocery stores. The money you could potentially save in this day and age of rising food costs make this system a viable alternative to a regular garden.
Aquaponics for Idiots is offering a solution to such concerns. The product on offer is a break through in organic gardening that enables you to grow up to 10 times the plants, in half the time, while fish do all o f the work!